During the past ten years, I have spoken at hundreds of diverse venues – including the halls of Congress, Ivy League institutions, remote villages in East and Central Africa, international conferences, and public spaces in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
- If you’re in Boston, April 3, at 7 PM, at the Harvard Coop Bookstore.
- If you’re in Washington, DC, April 25, at the Academy of Medicine in the Cosmos Club.
- If you’re in Seattle, April 30, at 7 PM, at The Elliott Bay Book Company.
- If you’re in Los Angeles, May 3, at 6 PM, at PETA’s Bob Barker Building.
Contact me if you’re interested in having me speak at your event.
Select Past Events
- Animal Politics: Justice, Power and the State (2016)
- Fair Trade Fashion Show (2016 main panelist)
- The Courage to Fight Violence Against Women, American University (2016)
- Food, Water, People, and Animals, Native Educators (2016)
- Evaluating Immigrant Survivors of Torture and Ill-Treatment, Physicians for Human Rights (2016)
- The Evolution of Psychopathology (2016)
- Nonhuman Primates in Research: Legal and Ethical Considerations, Harvard University (2015 main panelist)
- Documenting Medical Consequence of Torture, Thomas Jefferson University (2015)
- DC Environmental Film Festival (2015 main panelist, See No Evil)
- Documenting Physical Sequelae of Torture, HealthRight International (2015)
- DC Community Health Connect, Rodham Institute (2015)
- International Conference & Summit on Violence, Abuse, & Trauma (2014)
- Animal Vulnerability Symposium, University of Oregon (2014 keynote)
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (2013 moderator and panelist)
- Vulnerable Animals, Sydney, Australia (2013)
- Minding Animals, Utrecht, Netherlands (2012)
- Science in Society (2012)
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (2012)
- University of Nairobi College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (2011)
- International Primatological Society, Kyoto, Japan (2010)
- African Union Animal Welfare Conference (2010)
- World Congress of Bioethics (2010)
- Sexual Trauma in Torture Survivors, HealthRight International (2010)
- Yale University Interdiscliplinary Center for Bioethics (2009)
- Aiding Survivors of Torture, Physicians for Human Rights (2009)
- International Society of Anthrozoology (2008)
- National Academy of Sciences (2007)
- American Public Health Association (2007)
- Tri-Caucus Summit, Capitol Hill (2006)